Monday, May 2, 2011

Heels and Hills half marathon

On Sunday, I ran my first half marathon with the Marathon Mamas. We did the Heels and Hills Half Marathon in Irving, Texas. We made it a whole girl's weekend including eating great food and shopping! What an adventure!


That is called being prepared!


Jake and Robin came to support us. We were so grateful for the cheering and pictures!


It was a mostly female race, but most of the pacers were men in skirts!

Having fun!

The homestretch.

Still smiling after its over!

My time on my watch. The chip time was actually 1 hour 50 minutes and 58 seconds.

Strong finishers!

Meghan blew her PR out of the water by 11 minutes!



My handsome husband.

Robin came to cheer and take pictures of this day! Thank you!



When is the next race?!

1 comment:

Jenny and Kevin said...

Oh Amy, what an awesome weekend! Congrats!! The pictures capture it so well. You rocked that race!! How awesome was that time?! :) I love how happy you look during and after the race. You're ready for a full marathon for sure!

So I've been wanting to get back into running for a long time now. You inspired me to get out there and do it! I ran a measly 2 1/2 miles yesterday, but it's a start. Thanks for being such an inspiration!