Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cow Paddy 5K

See the storms???!

Last week we heard about the Cow Paddy 5K at a local park here. I read the website and was pretty excited, except for one thing-the reports of thunderstorms, hail, and tornadoes. NW Arkansas has received a ridiculous amount of storms and rain this week so I believed the reports! I was talking to a fellow runner at the hospital and told him that I had not signed up yet because of the weather reports. He had the audacity to call ME a fair weather runner. I admit, I used to be, but with all of the weather (record breaking snowfalls, flooding, etc) I have had to run through training for this half marathon, I have become rather tough! That was that and we signed up to run the Cow Paddy 5K-rain, hail, or tornado! We also convinced our friend Sarah to run with us. Sarah has been training for weeks to run her first 5K next weekend. We thought this could be a good trial run! You can read all about Sarah's version of the evening here. We held our breath the entire time and it actually did not storm on us! (We later heard about tornadoes in Bentonville while we were running).

My Cow Paddy trophy! I have it proudly displayed in the kitchen!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I had a great time! Thanks again for the invite and encouragement! :)