Monday, February 21, 2011

New pants!

I have a desire to be a seamstress and sometimes I get caught up it that dream. I will think I can do something and then in reality my Mom lives too far away to understand the problem at hand. Then, I give up. But....my sister led me to this fabulous website that is actually doing projects from boys all month long! Perfect, right?! (the site is www.dana-made-it.com) There is a easy step-by-step tutorial on there to make boy pants. I read through the directions four times before realizing that I can do it! I went and bought the fabric ($2.50/yard) and went for it. Luckily, I bought a whole yard instead of the half that it called for because I messed up the first pair by making a beginners mistake! Knowing what I did wrong yesterday (when the pants were, less say, SNUG on Zachary) I began again today. It took me two hours and I had made a pair of pants! I am proud of myself! If you can't find me later this week, I may be at the fabric store looking for some more fabric.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Have I mentioned how PROUD I am of you? I'm so excited that you went for it and got 'em done! They look fabulous! And sometimes even across town is too far, but I will get my mad sewing skills on one of these days, lol!

Sara Neufeld said...

those look so great! i'm going to have to try those! :)

Sarah said...

I'm impressed! And Zachary looks so grown up in these photos - when did that happen?!

My Mom wouldn't know what to do if I suddenly started using the sewing machine she bought me 5 years ago... Maybe I should let you teach me :)

Tiffany said...

Too cute! I love to sew also (not that I get that much time to)...wish we would have gotten into this in nursing school!