Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Crafty mom

This blog post is mostly for my Mom and my husband. I wanted them to see evidence of my sewing machine in use! So, Aidan needs a SMALL pillow for nap time at preschool this year. School starts Monday and we needed a pillow. The small pillows at the local store are ridiculously expensive for nap time at preschool. So, Aidan and I picked out fabric at Hob Lob and I got to work! Did you think he would pick out any other fabric besides Lightning McQueen?! Have you met my son?!


First I pinned the fabric, then I began sewing and realized I did not pin the right sides together. So, I ripped out the stitching and started over! I did not say I was good at this!



Then, I stuffed it with stuffing stuff (the package says it was downlike comfort-can't beat that!)


Aidan might just be one of the coolest kids at school on Monday! (I say one of the coolest because I know some other equally cool kids at his school!)

1 comment:

Robin said...

He will be one styl'n boy tomorrow! I can't believe he is starting already! I am looking forward to hearing what his first reactions to school are and what his favorite part is. Keep us posted!!
Love, Aunt Robin and family