Monday, August 15, 2011

God made us family

Starting this school year is like nothing our family has ever done. For years, I have wondered, with my current job at the hospital, how I was going to juggle schedules when Aidan started school. This July I still had no idea what I was going to do, and my friend and previous co-worker called me with a job possibility. She called me knowing that I was a mom of small boys and thought the job would be perfect for the flexiblity of juggling parenthood. She knew that, last she heard (one year ago), I did not know what I was going to do when school started. After lots of discussions and prayers, I took the job as the Director of Nursing at the Elizabeth Richardson Center. This is a residential facility that teaches life skills to developmentally disabled adults. I had to put in a four week resignation notice at the hospital putting my last day of work, tomorrow Aug. 16th. School starts August 17 and I will be able to bring Aidan to school and pick him up! Zachary started preschool today and did fabulous. With all of these changes this week in our family and with Aidan being anxious and hesitant about his new school, we made our "God made us family" bracelets. We all have matching bracelets that we will wear as we each go to our different places each day. We hope these bracelets will connect us together no matter how many miles and hours seperate us during each day. I cannot explain to you how many prayer requests and little details that God has smoothed out and literally handed to us. Such blessings.

3 comments:

Sara Neufeld said...

that's so great. God is so, so good to us.
we've thought of doing something similar...love it. are yours kind of lime nick and emily's? what did you use?

Jenny and Kevin said...

What a great idea, Amy! I choked up reading this post.

Aidan and Zachary said...

Sara,
It is the same kind of thing that Nick and Emily did. Use can buy the thin climbing rope at Lewis and Clark or Pack Rat. It is super cheap ($1 for a yard) and you just melt the two ends.