Monday, May 24, 2010

No air conditioning yet?!


Look at my sweaty headed child with no place to cool off! Jake and I have not turned on the air conditioner at our house yet (though the projected temperature today is 91 degrees). We did like our electric bill last month, but it is getting out of control. I constantly complain about it. Jake is hoping to make it until June!!! I think we will make it until this afternoon. This is crazy. In fact, Jake took a poll at work today to find out who has turned on their air conditioners. Almost all had, though they encouraged us to press on (as they sit in comfort). Jake had his students today during lunch come up with all of the cold things I should be thinking about to take my mind off of the sweltering heat at my house. Then, he called me and passed the phone around the room for all to give me their ideas (as they sit in an air conditioned dining room). Whatever...

This is the best seat in the whole house! They argued over who would sit there during lunch (Aidan won this time).

4 comments:

Robin said...

Well, if Jake doesn't give it to peer pressure, make him sit in your sauna (sp?) while you and the boys dip your feet in the baby pool.

Matt said...

Funny that Jake is in an air conditioned classroom all day while you're at home in the heat...

Aidan and Zachary said...

Matt, you are off of my good list. If we give in this early how will we ever survive August! Press on family!!
Jake

Aidan and Zachary said...

And Robin...I do live at this house. I was there all day Sunday, when it was (almost) this hot. Your arguments may be sound, but I will not give up that easily!